Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Stay Gold, Ponyboy!

I love teaching the novel, The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. My students always groan when I pass the book out, thinking that they will not like it because it isn't "new", but it always ends up being their favorite by the end of the year...well, excluding The Hunger Games! To wear on Fridays while I'm teaching the book, I also purchased this shirt from Cafe Press. If you haven't read The Outsiders, pick up a copy, or at least watch the movie. I love how my 8th grade girls (who weren't even born yet when this movie came out) have NO CLUE who Ralph Macchio, Patrick Swayze, Emilio Estevez, Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise, and Matt Dillon are, but they fall madly in love with them by the end of our movie viewing. I creating a whole new generation of Karate Kid fans by showing The Outsiders!






No comments:

Post a Comment