Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Really? Kim has Cellulite?

This is not earth-shattering news for me. I've seen her red carpet pictures and I'm pretty sure that a butt like that has to have a little bit of fat in it. Kim Kardashian (star of the E! reality show, Keeping Up With the Kardashians) is a pretty gal, and I'm glad she's not too upset about the photos she took for a website that published them untouched. Hollywood reacted with shock and horror that the site would publish them without retouching, but Kim responded on her blog:
"But you know what, who cares!" she continues. "So what: I have a little cellulite. What curvy girl doesn't!?"
She went on: "How many people do you think are photoshopped? It happens all the time!
"...I'm proud of my body and my curves and this picture coming out is probably helpful for everyone to see that just because I am on the cover of a magazine doesn't mean I'm perfect," she says before signing off "XO, Kim."

Bravo, Kim! As the teacher of 13 and 14 year old girls, I think girls need to see an image of a beautiful woman that is not 100% perfect! It would also make me feel a bit better about the "butt in the front" having two kids has left me in my belly area. Can some celebrity mom please take a picture grabbing two handfuls of extra skin for me, please????


The 1st pic is untouched. I'm sure millions of women would love to have this much "cellulite". Pfffftttt...that is NOT cellulite!

2 comments:

  1. Amen Lenzi! What is it about that 2nd child that totally screws up your skin!!!!! Good thing they are SOOOOO worth it! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd baby definitely does wayyyy more damage than the first! I can't imagine what my belly would look like after three, and I can' ask my sister because hers STILL looks better than mine after having three kids. I've decided she's a freak of nature. :)

    ReplyDelete