Monday, March 23, 2009

That's A LOT of DVDs!

What crazy, rabid fans to stand in line at midnight for a silly DVD of Twilight! Um.....yeah, I was a part of the 3 million crazy, rabid fans. I probably should of realized I was too old to be standing in line when I saw ELEVEN of my students in said line. Any-whooo, I thought it was interesting (and somewhat validating) to know that I'm not the only one cuckoo for this book series and movie!

News Release from Summit Entertainment:

SUMMIT HOME ENTERTAINMENT'S SATURDAY RELEASE OF TWILIGHT UNLEASHES WITH OVER 3 MILLION UNITS SOLDMidnight DVD Launch of Film's Saturday, March 21st Release Soars in to the Top Five Best First Day Releases in the Past Two Years Los Angeles, CA March 22, 2009 — Summit Entertainment announced today that the home entertainment release of the studio's action-packed, modern day vampire love story TWILIGHT sold over 3 million DVD units in its first day of release. The DVD launch commenced this past Saturday morning at midnight with nationwide events during which time Summit and its retail partners provided TWILIGHT fans with the chance to celebrate the DVD release of the film. "TWILIGHT at Midnight" allowed participating retailers the opportunity to stay open late as fans lined up in impressive numbers to purchase the DVD of the epic romance at midnight parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment