Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Moon Script Not Sticking to the Book?

Okay, New Moon isn't the fave book in the series for many Twilight fans. For me, I hated that Edward wasn't in most of it, and that I had to hang out with Jacob for most of the book. Now that I picture Taylor Lautner in my head when I think of Jake, it's not so bad. My imagined Jacob was not as hot, so I'm anticipating New Moon to be at least bearable. However, http://www.newmoonthemovie.org/, they present an excerpt from an interview with Rachelle Lefevere (Victoria) that hints the New Moon script will also present a dual story line: One from Bella's perspective and another from Victoria's:
Rachelle Lefevre hints to this in a new interview–
“The books are all from Bella’s point of view,” she told me. “So there are things in New Moon that get talked about and are referred to, but don’t get described. Victoria spends all of New Moon trying to get to Bella. As a result, she fights werewolves and has encounters. They’ve basically tried to show more for the film. We want to keep the love triangle going, but we’ve kept more of the dark action, vampire-y stuff to keep those fans happy.”

This might make the movie better than the book. I wasn't looking forward to watching Kristin Stewart play a manic-depressive Bella for two hours. Ashley Greene (Alice Cullen) also mentioned in an earlier interview that Edward will appear to Bella in "flittering images" when he is warning her to be safe with her ridiculous stunts. I would like to know the definition of "flittering". Will "flittering" include a shirt-less Edward? If that is the case, I'm all for "flittering"! Either way, iIt will be interesting to see what is going on with Victoria and her pursuit of Bella. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment