Friday, November 13, 2009

Stephenie Meyer on 'Oprah': Question about possible fifth 'Twilight' book cut for time, says Harpo rep


from http://www.entertainmentweekly.com
by John Young
Categories: Books, News, Television, Twilight
Earlier today, Twilight author Stephenie Meyer appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show for her one and only interview before the highly anticipated release of the movie The Twilight Saga: New Moon. Before a commercial break, Winfrey teased the rest of the interview with this promise: “Coming up, will there be a fifth book in The Twilight Saga? Stephenie answers that later.” However, as a number of EW.com readers pointed out, Winfrey subsequently never asked Meyer that juicy question.

What happened? “It’s a live show, so sometimes they don’t get to every question,” a spokesman for Harpo Productions told EW. “Know that if (Oprah) didn’t get to the question within the show, it would have only been cut for time.” Luckily, someone at Oprah managed to ask Meyer the fifth-book question backstage, and the author’s answer can be viewed at the show’s website.

In a nutshell, Meyer said she’s not sure about a fifth Twilight book at the moment. “I am a little burned out on vampires right now,” she said. “I think I need a little break. I might go spend some time with my aliens. I might do something completely different. I’ve got to cleanse the palate. I may come back to it. I did envision it as a longer series. But I wrapped Breaking Dawn in a way that I felt satisfied with, so if that moment didn’t come, I’d be okay.”

No comments:

Post a Comment