Monday, July 20, 2009

The Luxe by Anna Godbersen

I have a new obsession and it is the Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen. I've had these books on my classroom shelves for part of this year and took them home to read this summer so I could recommend them to my students. It's funny that I read the Luxe before starting "The Jane Austen Challenge" because this book reminds me of Jane's novels, but with a bit more bite. Think Gossip Girl meets Pride and Prejudice, and you have the Luxe novels! Forbidden love, scandal, and back-stabbing friends abound in the first book in the series, and I'm eager to begin the second today! Godbersen may be writing about an era in American history where proper social decorum was the focus of society, but apparently 18 year old girls in the 1900's are just as dramatic and love-sick as they are today. I love to travel back into the world of corsets, back- handed compliments, balls and hot gossip. These novels are a delightful treat and are by far and away my favorite indulgence this summer! Check out the Luxe, Rumors, then Envy for scintillating reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment