Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Clean Program Starts in TWO DAYS!


I haven't blogged about the Clean plan in a while, but let me tell you that I am NOT quitting, but i had a few days this past week that were sooooo not on the Elimination Diet plan! First of all, my hubby and I went to a wine tasting party. I thought I could carry my glass around and look like I was drinking but not ACTUALLY drink. Oh, no, no, no! We were instructed to sit down and given a tutorial and description of each wine, asked to taste it,and then share with the group! Can't fake that, now can we?! I'm going to ask for forgiveness and regroup before my August 1st start date. I need to refocus and analyze why I am doing this again, and my grandmother's recent turn for the worse has completely helped me understand my objective. I do not want cancer someday. I want to be healthy for my girls and husband. I want to be the healthiest 29 year old you will ever meet! Clean is a small step to a much larger goal, but I'm sure I can do it! August 1st is just around the corner! You have enough time to start with me...here is what you will need for Day One:

Breakfast: Blue Berry Shake
1 cup of Almond Milk
1 cup of frozen blue berries
1 tsp of vanilla flavoring
2 tbs of aguave nectar (you can find it in the baking aisle at United...Walmart doesn't have it!)
Blend all ingredients into blender until smooth. Add ice if you like your smoothies a bit more icy.

Lunch: Seared Ahi-Tuna steaks (or a white fish fillet of your choosing)
2 tbs of Italian seasoning
1 tbs of Garlic Powder
1 tbs of Olive Oil
pinch of Sea Salt, or Kosher Salt

Drizzle fish will olive oil, coat both sides with mixture of Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Lay on foil lined pan that is also drizzled with olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt on the tops of your fillets. Cook at 350 for 20 minutes or less if you like it less done. I also like to squeeze fresh lemon juice on each fillet before serving. Serve on a bed of lettuce and dice up an avocado and throw in a few baby carrots. I drizzle with organic balsamic Italian dressing and toss. VERY YUMMY!

The dinner shakes are in the book, and I can post breakfast and lunch because I came up with those recipes. Dinner shakes involve more veggies and avocados, but you can google a "Clean Program Dinner Shake". Some of the recipes I've tried for dinner are gross. The book says you can repeat your breakfast shake and garner the same effects, so that's what I've been doing. You can also snack on fruits and veggies throughout the day if you feel famished, but NO DIP! I drizzle my bag of mixed veggies with a bit of the balsamic dressing I have, and that helps them taste a little more appealing to me! So now that you have a days worth of recipes, what is stopping you from joining me August 1st???

No comments:

Post a Comment