Tuesday, June 8, 2010

'The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner' by Stephenie Meyer


I wasn't expecting fantastic revelations while reading 'The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner', the recently released novella by Stephenie Meyer. Like my fellow Twitarded bloggers, Bree Tanner is the very LAST character I would think of when it comes to wanting to know more about my Twilight friends. I felt the same way as I was reading 'TSSLBT'. Why do I care about Bree? Shoot, if anyone had to tell the story, why not tell it from Riley's perspective and give us a bit more of the seedy relationship he had going on with the red-headed vixen, Victoria? Bree's undeveloped relationship with Diego was somewhat boring, and the story didn't really give me much more than I already knew.


However, what it DID give me, is some hope that Stephenie is working on continuing the Twilight Saga as I type this review. Freaky Fred is coming back. Let's just hope that it's not an entire "spin-off" series involving JUST Freaky Fred. Although Fred is pretty Freaky (and has the gift of repulsiveness?), I'm afraid that Stephenie would be missing what her entire fan base craves, and it's not more about Bree, Riley, Freaky Fred, or an entire series about Mike and Jessica or some other character I could give a hoot about. Let Freaky Fred be a friend of the Cullens and maybe be a "manny" for Reneseme. I don't care what you do with Freaky Fred, Steph, but PLEASE DON'T GIVE US AN ENTIRE NOVELLA ABOUT A VAMPIRE I'M NOT INVESTED IN. I would, however, read an entire series about Jake and Reneseme, even though just reading the name "Reneseme" makes me wanna hurl. The fact that Taylor Lautner has replaced the annoying, unattractive Jacob I initially imagined, I'm all for a series about Mr. Abs. So what did you think about 'The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner'? Where you disappointed Danny, D.J., Stephanie and Michelle didn't make an appearance? If you didn't get that joke, you are too young to be my friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment